Monday, March 12, 2007

A new direction

Hey all, it's time to give you an update on our lives...

For a couple of years now we have been thinking about planting a church. We have considered doing that here in Vancouver, WA for various reasons, but it doesn't seem to be the right place to plant the kind of church we envision. For the past two and half years we have been part of The Evergreen Community (www.evergreenlife.org) in Portland, OR. Evergreen is growing and considering how to take the next step to better serve both the community around us and the community within. I can take an active role in helping lead, teach and mentor others in a pastoral role. I am excited about this new opportunity and I am ready to be back in ministry again.

While evergreen is growing it is not able to pay me for my time just yet. Though we foresee a time when that will become a reality, it is necessary for Debra and I to raise financial support for our family so that I can cut back on my hours at work and devote some time to Evergreen. We will be preparing a letter detailing our needs over the next week.

This is an exciting turn. It is a chance for me to live my passion, to make Christ known to others as simply as possible. But we admit, it's also a bit frightening when we think of the financial teeter-totter it could become. At this point in time we are asking you to pray for us as we begin this next adventure. Pray that we will be wise in our planning, discerning in our choices and faithful in our steps. Also pray that God will provide so that we might me able to serve him by serving others.

Chip

No comments: