Friday, March 9, 2007

Now what?

So, I started a blog...ha! I have no idea what I'm doing.
I am not even sure I like blogs. No, I honestly think they are kind of silly. Sort of web based exhibitionism (is that is a real world). Why in the world would I want to poor out my heart and soul and allow everyone to comment on what they see? I have seen "comments" left on some blogs or on YouTube: part criticism, part profanity, part humor, but rarely an actual constructive comment. Besides, what kind of an egotist am I, if I believe that people will actually read what I write. Am I cooler now than when I got up this morning because I am now part of the blogasphere (again a real word?)? What's next a tat or a body piecing?

What are the rules for blog anyway? Do they have rules? What am I doing?

See, I don't have an iPod, game console (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360), a PDA or a laptop. I think Blueteeth are annoying and my computer is about 6 years old. I don't even have a CD player in my car! We just got high speed internet and cable TV (only because my mom wanted it) last month!

A blog! What am I thinking?

Well, I have always admired that Debra journals. I have wanted to keep a journal, but for various reasons I haven't. Well, today starts my electronic journal. The jury is still on whether this is going to be any different than other journals I have started and allowed to died under the crushing weight of dust.

I had a professor one time that did say, "the better you write, the better you will speak." (thanks Dr. Sam) So, maybe this is the way I start to write more and speak better. I have written a few articles that have been published on a few known websites. I have proven that I can be a good and disciplined writer. The mental barrier of "length" is no longer a factor to scare me, 201 pages is nothing to sneeze at.

I guess this could be a way to keep up with old friends and possibly make new ones (if you leave mean comments...forget it).

We (ha again! "we" who am I talking to) will have see if this blog has legs.

2 comments:

Chip Anderson said...

Will I have to edit this too?

Debra

Anonymous said...

Ha-
Good one Deb!

A blog is a commitment much like a beautiful flowering plant you are given.

You must feed and water it or it dies... remember this, grasshopper!