Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Poor mans mid-life crisis


So I bought a skateboard yesterday. The boys like going to the skate parks by our house and riding their Razor scooters. I get bored just watching so I bought a board. I got it cheap, so no big deal.

I figured I have more experience on a skateboard (albeit 20 years ago) than I do on a scooter. And you all know what happened last time a rode a scooter at a skate park. Yep, you got it, I broke my elbow last 4th of July. I was bored than too.

Maybe this will be a good way to hang with my boys.
Maybe this will be a way to meet and talk with some local kids.
Maybe this is a serious cry for help.
Maybe I am nuts. Debra just laugh when I told her the board was not for the boys, but for me!

Its not like I left my wife for a women half her age. Nor did I by a red convertible. Its just a skateboard.


Comments I heard about the board:

Debra: Did you get a helmet with the new toy?

Ben: Who's the skateboard for?
Dad: Me.
Ben: Oh dad you going to break again!

Kid @ the park: Hey, is that a brand new board?
Me: Yes.
Kid @ the park: Yeah, I could tell, it still has all the paint on it.



More from the skate park later...

3 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

You just might be the greatest dad ever.

Chip Anderson said...

...or the dumbest. Only time (and the orthopedic surgeon) can tell!

Rev's Pulpit said...

Cool beans dad! I'm a 40 yr old pastor with a 6 yr. old boy that loves the skatepark. I just got a board myself, because I got bored watching too. I feel it will be the end of me! I tried to drop in on the half pipe and busted it. all the kids laughed.