Monday, September 1, 2008

Tattoos

I guess it is the rebel and the chicken in me, but for a guy who has no tattoos I must admit I am fascinated by them. I find myself staring at people's tattoos. I feel kind of weird about it, then figure if they placed it on a body part that is regularity seen in public, then staring is fair play.

I like looking at tats on the internet and have found some amazing work.





Just about every time I good into a bookstore I find the magazines and look through tattoo magazines to see if I find anything to stands out to me or gives me any ideas.

I have a lot of friends with ink and even a family member. I have taken an informal poll about where to get a tattoo if one were to decide such a thing. So far Pussycat Tattoo in Milwalkie (OR)and Atlas Tattoo in PDX are the front runners. People have even told were NOT to get a tat. I will avoid that last like the plague.

As weird as this may sound, I know what tattoo I want and where it would go if I got one. I have just not gone and done it. I am told that tattoo are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't have just one. Hmmm, what would my second be?

I am long over the "biblical" reason for not get inked, but I do struggle with what do I tell the boys or even worse how do I explain it to my Mom without her thinking I have sold my soul to Satan? I guess I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it (if I get to it).

Anyway, for now I will keep being at voyeur, admiring the good and bad tattoos that I see.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Well, you just told Debra so she might have som'pin to say when you get home. Good thing you have no money.

Dan said...

Hee hee, you're in trouble. I think I already put in my vote for Pussycat Tattoo, but I'll just mention again that I liked them. As far as I can tell all their artists are pretty good, but my favorite is Saad. He's the guy who did my dragon. Word of warning: if you're considering making this a family affair they're pretty free and loose with the language there, not to mention the "interesting" pictures in the back. But I like them anyway! I like Delux Tattoo on Powell as well, but they're spendy.

My mom never had any issues with me selling my soul to Satan, Lutherans aren't that interested in him anyhow. She did refuse to look at me for about a week after I got my first tat. By numer seven she was used to it, but when I got branded it started all over again. I know a good place if you're interested in the "kiss of fire," and you can tell Deb it's usually less expensive than ink!

Mary said...

After 4 yrs,I showed my mother my first tattoo-she questioned my faith-

Anonymous said...

hey chip, i was at work the other night and i guy with two swastika tattoos came in. one was a teardrop and the other was an ostentatious piece on his upper arm. i wouldn't recommend getting one of those.

-nick "dime" fisher