Sunday, February 24, 2008

In God We Mistrust?

Last week I was encouraged to think about how my life would change if I truly trusted in God. Trusted that God loves me, trusted that God has the best in mind for me, trusted that God was on my side because of what Jesus has done for me.

Well, I have honestly been thinking about this all week and here are some changes I have come up with:

-My total outlook would change. I would live more generously and with less friction.
-Life would not seem so complicated.
-My spirit would be lifted and lightened.
-I would feel freer to be who God created me to be. I would be more interested in being who God created me to be.
-I would love more and judge less.
-I would not be so worried about appearances or being taken advantage of.
-I would be more flexible and relaxed.
-I could forgive.
-I would be an optimist.
-Life would be more joyful.

With all that said, why don't I live like I trust God? It is obviously better than living like I don't trust him or as if I halfheartedly trusted him.

I guess I am just scared to let go. Hmmmm, that leads to anther question, "what am I scared of?"

I am scared God won't do what I want, when I want it. In other words, I am scared of losing control.

This is an interesting thought. Why would I be scared of losing control of life that is destined to failure without God. I must understand that I only have the illusion of control, where God truly is in control.

No comments: