Saturday, March 24, 2007

Time

If I could buy time I would do so!

I am expected to work a 50 hour work week.
I have between a 5-7 hour commute each week to and from work.
I have 3 growing boys at home,
and a wife who need my me.
I teach a class for our home school co-op.
I am adding to the time I spend serving at Evergreen.
I have a library of books that need to be read.
There are articles and books that I should write.
Then there is my own personal sanity to think of.

How can I get it all to fit? So what is the solution? Which of these can I cut out? Really, none! I can juggle them around but that's about it.

The best solution I can think of is to cut out something not on the list. Something that happens everyday, for a good chunk of my day (or of my night, as the case may be). In my pinch for more time, I am going to limit myself to only sleeping 7 hours or less at night!
Now for some, if you actually got 7 hours of sleep each night it would be a wish come true! But honestly this is a stretch for me. We will see how it goes.

Last night I got off work a little after mid-night. Headed home, stopped for some milk and once I got settled at home, read until after 1:30am. The turn around to this morning was OK. I was up by 8am.

Hopefully I can get more stuff done, talk with more people and be more present to my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty good schedual, i'm used to five or less hours (unless it's thursday night- then i don't sleep until nine or ten friday morning).

my email is "sparrow hawk down", all one word, at hotmail.

-dime

Anonymous said...

oh, and happy belated birthday to us!

-dime

Anonymous said...

But who among us are you going to impact or talk to at 1:30 in the morning?

Knowing your history with sleep, this will indeed be a stretch. I hope it provides what you need.

I guess I'll leave the computer on for you.

Goodnight. I'm going to bed. :-)