Monday, April 30, 2007

Next...

Well, today was to be the day I was to inform my boss about my desire to demote and scale back my hours for the purpose of spending more time at Evergreen. Needless to say that did not happen. God has seen fit to keep me going on the course I am. So what does this mean...I don't really know. Here are a few possible ideas:
  • Now is not the right time.
  • Evergreen is not the right place.
  • I am not the right person.
  • This was not right course of action.
It is clear that 3 out of the above 4 are painfully true. However, I do believe that Evergreen is the right place. Since this is my conviction, I am going to try and cut off any leaks in my spare time to give to Evergreen. I will take my 3-4 hours a week (instead of the 30-40 hours I was hoping to have) and do exactly what I was planning on doing.
I do not see this as any kind of rebellion or my way of giving God the finger for not coming through for us, but a way of being faithful to his calling and gifting of me. I am no rocket scientist, but I have figured out God has gifted me to do certain things, things I love to do, so I'm going to do them.
Maybe at some time in the future God will see fit to rectify the other 3 variables and things will be different...then again maybe not.

No comments: