Thursday, June 19, 2008

Crashing a Day

The National Transportation Safety Board has said it is not any one thing that usually causes a plane to crash. But it is a series of "cascading events" that leads to most airline tragedy. This is what they are talking about...

-Had to get up early (5am) to be at work early (6am)
-Found the battery in my car was dead
-Tried to jump it with the van
-The van ran out of gas
-Thought I would swap batteries and go get some gas to try the jump again.
-The batteries are different and wouldn't swap
-Walked to gas station for gas
-Walked home
-Van still would not start after putting in some gas.
-Had to open the very loud garage door, right under the kids room, so I could roll the van off our steep driveway into the flat garage.
-It worked.
-Drove the van to work
-Left work a few hours later
-Unwillingly spent $60 bucks on a battery
-Replaced battery in my car (the original problem!)
-Drove the car back to work because Debra needed the van!

Arrgh!

That is the way to crash a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh!

Debra said...

And when he was later coming home with the new battery than I thought I piled the three boys on the bus to take them to swimming lessons, then after we got home (after walking several blocks) I cancelled my afternoon stuff so I didn't need the van after all. Ug.

But he failed to mention that all of his morning "snafu" went undetected by his sleeping wife and kids.

My poor guy.